Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Days


  The big talk this week around here, and many places for that matter, is SNOW. First a white Christmas, and now another blast ending with lots of ice. It was beautiful to watch coming down, but now I'm ready to defrost. All of the toys have been played with, food has been eaten and cabin fever is setting in. Ice and school closures are no fun as a mommie!
 

So I found a fantastic ear warmer tutorial a few weeks back via Prudent Baby. I already had the necessary supplies on hand, and finally finished it during Monday's nap time. Talk about the perfect snow day craft! I blended a few of Delia's techniques - pleats and a "Lucy" flower. This video tutorial really helped me understand how to work up a rosette for the first time. Fun stuff!

 

I've had this cream fleece since I received my sewing machine years ago. I was living in Florida at the time and pining away for cold weather accessories. I'm so happy to finally have made something cute & functional for the NC cold weather!

Stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! i'm here in southern califonia wishing we could have a little more of our winter. (it feels like spring) so i'll enjoy the sun for you, if you'll enjoy the snow the for me;) ps I would have made one too, but I'd have no reason to wear it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails