Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fire Truck Party: Part One

Calling all firefighters to the station! It's time to share the 3rd birthday celebration!
Photobucket

This year's fire truck theme has been on my mind almost since the close of last year's party. My boy loves a service vehicle, so I knew a home visit by the neighborhood fire crew would be a great way to celebrate. A couple of phone calls had us on their schedule and I was ready to work on invitations!
I worked with Maureen of AndersRuff (another super creative mommie & great friend!) on this adorable personalized invitation. I had the red envelopes in my craft stash from a previous holiday card, created mailing labels with a coordinating font to the invite, and made 2" circular return address labels.

Once the invites hit the mail, it was time to applique the birthday shirt. I found this great design over at Applique Alley. It's especially nice because it can be personalized with a number or initials. 3 is the way to be!

The party favors were also an exciting part of my planning. I'm always cruising Target for clearance bargains, and happened upon these repositionable sticker sets last summer. I wrapped them in solid yellow paper, tied on an organic lollipop with red raffia and included a personalized thank you tag.
Photobucket
And it just so happened that one of big boy's smaller toy bins matched the color scheme and served as a useful container to store the favors. I kept it on our foyer table so we could pass them out as our guests departed.

Stay tuned for Part Two of the party details. I can't wait to show the cupcake display, birthday banner and more of the actual fire truck visit! It was such a fun day!

Resources
Printable Invitation & Thank You Tags - AndersRuff Custom Designs LLC
Envelopes - Paper Source
Gray t-shirt - Garanimals
Applique - Applique Alley
Fireman Sticker Play Set, Raffia, Toy/Favor Storage - Target
Yellow Gift Wrap - Dollar Tree
Yummy Earth Organic Lollipops - Earthfare


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails