Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Drawstring Bag

I made this cute little bag a while back, and used it recently for shoe packing while traveling. It works great and makes me smile. Wouldn't it be adorable in a solid with a large monogram?! If only I had the time, I'd make all of my special shoes their own little pouch!
This particular lined drawstring bag came to be from a very easy Martha Stewart how-to. The outer fabric is orange Baby Starbursts from the Rainbow Garden by Prints Charming. The lining is a turquoise Robert Kaufman from my stash. I cheated a tad by stitching closed some pre-made white bias binding for the drawstrings, but fancied it up by adding gussets to the bottom. There are TONS of drawstring bag tutorials out there with unlimited options, so get to searching if they pull at your heartstrings too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails