Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Train Ride

My family is lucky enough to live close to the beautiful NC mountains. We vacationed there last week and treated our son to his first theme park - Tweetsie Railroad! Now there are many reasons why it was a particularly exciting adventure for this mommie:
  1. Both the mountains and Tweetsie hold numerous childhood memories of mine; sharing the fun (and cooler weather!) with my husband and son was priceless.
  2. Thomas the Train was making an appearance, and my son LOVES choo choos.
  3. The park instantly reminded me of my cherished time at Walt Disney World...I performed there for many years, and miss those times often.
So back to my 'made it' reason for posting - hee! I of course had my son wear his appliqued train shirt for the special occasion. I made it back in February for his 2nd birthday party, which just so happens to have been a train theme. Multiple themed use is always a plus!

Simple Train Applique, Embroidery Boutique
I used a blank white T-shirt
& various threads and fabrics from my stash
Navy Engine with gray steam
Green Pinstripe Car
Red Gingham Caboose
Black connectors & wheels

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails