Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Mommie's Got a Brand New Bag!

As previously mentioned, I'm taking the library's DIY sewing catalog by storm. An adorable project caught my eye and finally gave me some sewing inspiration. I give you my take on the Mama's Bag from Amanda Blake Soule's Handmade Home:


This bag was SO easy and fun to make. It's mostly cutting, ironing, and pinning with some finishing seams thrown in. My lining is a gray & white houndstooth flat bedsheet I scored at Goodwill and the outer fabric is dark purple denim I found (on major sale of course!) at Hancock Fabrique. I even added an interior accessories pocket for my trusty phone, lists and coupons!


It's the perfect bag - stylish, expandable and washable. And I'm excited to make a few more...I'm thinking about altering the body by both size and shape...and adding personalized embroidery! This item is definitely going on my gift list for ladies and will be given to myself again from time-to-time. Who doesn't need a reason to buy more fun fabric?!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, Kathryn! Love it! You are so green - reusing sheets... so adorable, and fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails