Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Deck the Halls


My favorite time of year to skim magazines is October thru December. I love finding new recipes to try and refreshing takes on holiday decor. I personally tend to stick to traditional styles, but by keeping my mind and eyes open, I usually find new twists that refresh my annual decor.  This year I was drawn to several wreaths featured in Better Homes and Gardens.


Offset placement of simple accents spoke to me, so I headed to the craft store in search of decorative stems to update our usually WAY basic front door wreath. My favorite photo inspiration is inside the BHG mag (page 120 for you subscribers out there). The spray of winterberry looks so classic yet modern, and reminded me of my December wedding. Maybe one day I'll splurge for a fresh wreath, but for now I'm quite pleased with the updated look on our front door! And it cost me less than $4 - affordable stylish crafts are always a holiday treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails