Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bag Tags

With all of the back-to-school preparations buzzing, I thought I'd share the bag tags I made as favors for my son's 2nd birthday party.  Bag tags are a GREAT favor because they are easy to make, inexpensive, can match any theme, and are totally functional. 


I got this sweet idea from a fellow crafty mommie friend who made super cute tags a month prior for her son's birthday party favors.  (keep reading for more about this creative chica and her adorable biz + freebie!) When I unexpectedly received matching blank calling cards alongside my order of party invitations, I knew just what I had to do!
Tag Construction:
I just so happened to have the green gingham scrapbook paper in my scrappin' stash. Then I found the adorable King Cool font at dafont.com.  I liked that it was child-like and loosey-goosey similar to the train tracks!  I printed out the kids' names and mommie phone numbers onto the gingham paper, then cut rectangles for the names on front, and circles for the mommie info on back.  After gluing the personalized info onto the train calling cards, I laminated them at an office store.  Once back home I cut them out and punched a hole in the side to add the ties.  Done!


This post isn't complete without a BIG shout out to my crafty pal Maureen!  We met years ago in a smocking class (the youngest 2 there - hee!), and have been fast friends ever since. Thanks Maureen for your constant inspiration, help and creativity! For super cute free bag tag printables, check out her terrific blog. And don't forget to cruise her Etsy store too:  AndersRuff.  Viva personalization!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails