Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ruffled Shorts

Summer's here so inspiration struck to complete a project from the craft pile - a pair of shorts for little sister. She needed something to pair with an adorable top I thrifted earlier this year. Have I mentioned my love of consignment and thrift shopping?! Shopping in general is pretty awesome, but finding gently used treasure is the best! With two (impatient) children, I don't get to it as much as I'd prefer, but that's probably a blessing to the wallet and (full) closets. 

The Bailey Boys criss-cross top, vintage & thrifted
with Mommie-made ruffle shorts

Sometime this winter I cut out green polka-dot fabric intending to make my girl ruffle pants. I never got around to actually sewing them, so I decided to chop off the pant legs and sew up some sweet summer shorts! I just love the mix of gingham and polka dots! And in the spirit of mixing, I fused two patterns - Flat Front Pants from MADE and Ruffled Boxers from The Sewing Rabbit. My inspiration turned into a super easy pair of girly shorts that came together fast!


 I love how the ruffles curve up on the sides - a fun twist to a standard ruffle on a straight hem. They would be especially cute and comfy in knit, so I really need to get serious about some knit sewing practice! 

Happy Summer everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails