Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

M-i-c-k-e-y M-o-u-s-e!

For those that don't know, I have a fondness for all things Disney and Mickey Mouse. I was fortunate enough to work and perform at Walt Disney World during most of my twenties. Needless to say, I can't wait to take big brother and little sister to mommie's ol' stompin' grounds someday soon. But until then, we were lucky enough to meet Mickey this past week here in Charlotte!
Late last year my best friend informed me she would be working in Charlotte this spring with a Disney Live show. I was super excited, not only to spend time with my bestie, but to have the opportunity to share the Disney entertainment world with big boy. With our calendar marked, I browsed the spring consignment sales for blank t-shirts and found this pristine blue one for under $1 - score!
I found the Mickey applique via Etsy and the Disney font here. Both stitched out beautifully! I had the black fabric and thread colors already in my stash, so it was a quick and affordable project. My creative past and present officially melded!

The show was lots of fun, but the best part was meeting the gang afterwards (thanks Jessica!!). Minnie Mouse loved his shirt and made quite a fuss over it. Mommie swooned!

Photobucket
It's hard to put into words how great it was to experience Disney magic again, and as a mother. My performing family is just that - family. I miss them dearly and reminisce of special memories often. It was really rewarding to be on the other side as a guest, and to see my own child enjoy the fun of it all. Here's to many more Disney memories...and of course personalized mommie-made outfits to highlight the experiences!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails